August 05, 2022
OneSMP LPP is pleased to announce that BGC & CO CPAS. has joined the progressive ASEAN collaboration network of independent accounting , consulting and legal firms.
Special Work Permit (SWP) is a work permit intended for short term assignments/employment of up to 6 months. A locally registered company must be willing to serve as the Petitioner. The SWP is good for 3 months during the initial application and extendible for another 3 months. During the course of the SWP validity, the status of the foreign national remains as tourist. Thus, tourist visa extension must be undertaken if necessary.
The approval of the SWP normally takes between 2 – 3 weeks. Upon issuance, the Bureau of Immigration will grant an Official SWP order of approval which will serve as the permit to work.
SWPs are usually issued, but limited, to:
• Professional athletes visiting and competing only for a limited period;
• Foreign nationals who perform emergency or exceptional temporary services, but did not secure a pre-arranged employment visa; and
• Artists, musicians, and other performers.
1. Letter of request from the Petitioning Company.
2. Notarized copy of applicant’s passport with valid visa.
3. An Affidavit of Support of the Petitioning Company.
4. Authenticated true copy of employment contract specifying exact fiscal compensation to be earned
1. Secure the Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF) from the Bureau of Immigration;
2. Submit the documents for pre-screening for processing;
3. Secure the Order of Payment Slip (OPS);
4. Pay the required fees;
5. Submit a copy of Official Receipt; and
6. Claim the approved SWP upon presentation of photocopy of receipts
© 2018 BGC Group. All Rights Reserved. Philippine Global Group.